The original pattern called for an unlined pocket, turned inwards, with a strip of ribbon across the front. I played around with pocket piece and ribbon. Finally I decided to line the pocket and flip the lining forward so it shows on the outside of the coat. I really don't think I have constructed this in the most effective way, but I am happy.
First I sewed the pocket to the lining, right sides together, then used pinking shears around the edge.
Then I folded the facing allowance forward and edge stitched it down. It does look straighter than this...
I was going to put the pockets on the coat (they will be edge stitched down) before I posted, but when I went to double check that I had the pocket placement right with the pattern, I realised that I had done something really strange when cutting out the front piece. It seems to be a size 3 in some places and a size 8 in others. No idea how it happened, must remember to mix more water with my gin (joking!)