Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm lusting after...

This Software

I don't even know why considering I have no interest in making clothes for myself right now and they haven't released the children's module yet. Oh and it retails for $A600. I need an overlocker first.

For my Mum
Speaking of overlockers... When you read this Mummy dearest, you really need a new overlocker, yours is looking terrible! But I know how you worry about the environment, so I'll take the old one off your hands so it doesn't end up as land fill. I know, I know, I'm the best daughter ever, but its the least I could do for you! Lol, you're not falling for it are you mum?


My mum asked me on the phone today what projects I had finished lately, I said "You mean since yesterday"
"Yes"
"None"

So now I felt like should make a post even though I have nothing new made. So the rest of this post will be photos.

Firstly, this weeks Op Shop finds:

A dress pattern I got for 20c

A couple of meters of thick navy fabric.

Fabrics, 50c each. Navy as above, 1m grey skirt fabric, 3m green stretch T Shirt material, 2m Garish yellow fabric I couldn't resist

Detail of Garish yellow fabric (I love it)

3 Pillowcases

A couple of metres of pretty fabric. Might be good for Ava blouses. I saw cute matching strawberry buttons at the material store too.


I also went and picked up the pattern for Ava's winter coat today.


I will be making Coat D. I should have run when I saw how thick the envelope was, but I didn't and now after reading the instructions I am glad that there is 4 months until Winter starts. I will make it from the Navy material above. Our Winter is very warm, the weather could be described as brisk, so the jacket doesn't need to be too warm. Any suggestions for lining would be appreciated. Both for colour and type of fabric.

Blogs I am liking
http://www.studio-alexandra.com
http://scpbanks.blogspot.com

My father in law just handed me a beautiful old Origami book so I will have fun with that tonight. Now Ava wants stories, bye bye

No comments: