Monday, February 4, 2008

New Summer Playsuit

I finished up on Ava's new outfit after work today. This is the pattern I used


There were a few firsts for me with this project. It was the first time I've made her pants (its been all dresses up until now) and the first time I've made a fully lined top.

In all reality I probably would have never bought this pattern because I prefer very simple things, but I'm glad I did it, it pushed my boundaries and now I feel a lot more confident. A few months back I wanted a new pattern and material. Our nearest reasonably priced material store (Spotlight) is 1 1/2 hours away, so my MIL and I went on a road trip one weekend. She got the sewing bug while we were there and bought this pattern and material. By the time we got home again she decided that she really doesn't like sewing anymore and its been sitting in my sewing box ever since. But I got brave and here are the results


That's the closest we are going to get to a proper front shot

The elasticized back with halter ties
Model poses for the camera

This outfit has functionality too. You can wear it while watching upside down 3D slide shows

Or while rearranging all the furniture in the playroom!


This should see her through this summer and next. Because I didn't pay for it I made sure everything was sewn neatly and properly, triple stitched the crotch, pressed the seams and all that other boring (but necessary) stuff. I really didn't take that much more effort and the finished product looks nice.

Well that is probably it for Ava clothes for a while. I have no more large pieces of material
And no trips planned. :o( I will have to see what I can find at the thrift store I guess. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is just too adorable!