Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Talented Family

I would like to do a series of blog posts on their different talents. I haven't asked them yet, but provided they say yes, this is what will be featured

My mother-
Accomplished in dressmaking, embroidery, cross stitch, quilting and appliqué.
My sister-
Beautiful scrapbooker and card maker
My mother in law-
Knitter, Toy maker, jewelry maker, cross stitcher, Fimo artist, pot designer, used to paint animation cells
My Father in law-
Where to start... Animator, woodworker, puppet maker, Fimo artist, painter, actually that list might get too long, I think he's tried everything.

If they all say yes then I guarantee lots of gorgeous pictures and stunning ideas. Fingers crossed.

Back to me now, me me me. I bought the interfacing and muslin for Ava's jacket today. I. decided that I would make a muslin of the jacket for a couple of reasons. One, the pattern for the jacket is sized 3 - 8, so I really don't want to cut it, I can trace the pattern onto the Muslin. Two, Ava is still quite comfortable in size 2 clothes. While I want the jacket to have a little growing room, I don't want her to swim in it. It would look terrible. So I am going to cut and fit it before making the final one.

I really like the pattern and know it won't date quickly. In fact I have seen it in several seasons' pattern books already. Hopefully it will become a versatile pattern I can use for 5 years.


I really lacked photo inspiration today!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, I probably don't really belong in the same list as the rest of the family. Kind of like Cooper with his jumping, I am just beginner with lots of enthusiasm :)

Widebay Technology said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Widebay Technology said...

While I have no skills related to this site per se, I would still of liked an inclusion in the talented list.

hey I know stuff..